Sunday, January 17, 2010

January light.



There’s a point between what was said
and what was imagined;
a point between reality
and fiction;
a place in which we’ve never met.
A place to hide.


It’s a haven of ambiguity,
of letters that curl to the edge of the page;
spelling things which may have happened,
it doesn't matter either way;
it still looks the same.


It’s always about how you read it;
how you decipher the semiotics.
They're only
words on a page,
a torn page.


And nothing quite lined up the way it was written to;
grey.
Everything was inextricably blurred;
blue.


I kept talking to you after you hung up the phone,
What will I do when the rain comes?
The rain is coming.
I can smell it.

Point to it.
and find within these lines,
the smell of

a hideous sentence,
these fingers refuse to write.
But it’s here hiding.
Hiding between these lines.

ally.
i wrote this when i was listening to
'Knives Out' - Radiohead.
now i can't get that song out of my head.

[also. everytime someone says the date -
January blahblah
i keep thinking of these three lines from a poem on my wall.
it's a Pablo Neruda;
"Maybe January light will consume
My heart with its cruel
Ray, stealing my key to true calm."

2 comments:

Pie. said...

Yes, yes, I do love this one.


And I also have a secret love for Pablo Neruda.

Marvellous!

Ally said...

ha, Cat. i love that you set your name as 'Pie'. you're so excellent.