Sunday, November 8, 2009

my words.

..
..
I've forgotten the words that I need.
The real words. The precious ambiguities.
The Shakespearean quotes and the clever names.
A song title. Some numbers.
A few half baked promises.
The words that had an unexplainable twist of hope in them.
.
They've slipped out the window. I saw them leave.
..
So here's what's left. Here's the simplest explanation of this blurry, chaotic suitcase of words.
I'm dropping them now, like the others.
I want to watch them go, like the others.
..
.
1. Stop playing these games. They are dumb. They are stupid.
Can you please just say what you mean.
And if you don't mean it, then don't say it.
But - say something. Anything.
..
2. I can't give you logic. The more you question the logic behind it all, the less logical it all seems. There's no logic in madness. But there's method.
..
3. It's colourful and it smells like dust and (paradoxically) rain.
It's a dark, burning orange sunset that's been stained into my skin.
It's a myriad of suspicious conceptualisations. Too many to be real.
..
4. I've been waiting for you a long, long time.
I'm really tired. I suspect you are too.
..
5. The sun is going to explode.
The rivers will dry up and the trees will bend over.
The stars will give in to apathy and let go.
...
6. I wish my rhetorical questions weren't rhetorical.
The voice less familiar could give an answer.
Could decode this.
..
7. Eternity isn't as far away as you might think.
..
ally.

No comments: