Tuesday, December 15, 2009

anamnesis


...
It was the kind of moment that you unendingly chew on;
recounting to the mirror.
Searching for the colours that blurred together
and the sounds that passed through you like a train and a scratchy wind.
You were there. I was almost there.
It was rain through a vent in the ceiling and the loss of gravity entirely.
It was a divergence in time and space.
Or maybe just a supernova; internal consumption.
...
If the words existed to describe it,
they would be projected through my eyes onto every white wall in this house.
If I owned those words, I would scream them until I took silence completely.
...
Everything else is a compass from that moment.
As time moves further away, so does logic and scraps of burning blue.
That's bearable -
until the thoughts that perpetually spin around your neck,
pertaining to that moment,
launch themselves into your jugular without remorse.
...
It was an impossible flash of everything that sucked me under.
The way that time fell around me and I had dreams hanging off my fingers.
There were quotes from my favourite authors and poets
dripping down from the sky, like watery paint.
...
It was suffocatingly impossible.
And it happened.
...
...
ally.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely adore this!
Gorgeous. Excellent. Fantastic.

Love the title too, very cool word.

Natalia said...

Very well done :)

Thanks for stopping by my little blog!

Ally said...

thankye!